Exaile is currently in need of a team leader. synic no longer has time to run the show, so currently no one is doing it. If you have the time, are a python coder, and use Exaile, please contact synic.
Exaile 0.3.2.2 is a bugfix release for 0.3.2. Notable fixes include:
- We are now capable of using the external bsddb3 module if distributions disable python2’s deprecated built-in bsddb support, as Arch Linux did recently.
- Compatibility with newer Ex Falso releases was restored to the Ex Falso plugin.
- Exaile no longer stops scanning when it encounters permissions errors
Exaile 0.3.2.1 is a bugfix release for 0.3.2. A short list of notable fixes:
- The shoutcast plugin has been removed from the default install, as shoucast has changed their API and the new terms of service are not compatible with our license.
- The default lyrics provider was changed to lyricwiki, as lyricfly no longer works properly.
- A bug that prevented Exaile from running on very recent versions of pygobject was fixed.
- A bug preventing files from being added via the CLI was fixed.
- A number of additional minor issues were resolved.
No new features since the rc, just a smattering of minor bugfixes.
Get it from our downloads page.
This is a release candidate for 0.3.2. It should be stable enough for normal use, and we’ll follow it with the final version shortly.
A quick look at what’s new in the 0.3.2 series:
- Improved support for covers embedded in ogg and flac files
- Gapless playback by default (via playbin2)
- Many dialogs replaced with gtk InfoBars
- Preference items that require a restart now prompt for it
- Vastly improved lyricsviewer plugin
- Drag and drop on the main cover display to set and retrieve covers
- Track counts in collection panel
- New tooltip for tray icon and minimode that displays cover and progress
- Custom playback sink support
- Display cover art when dragging from side panels
- Read-only support for Matroska tags…and of course, the usual assortment of bugfixes and minor enhancements.
Packagers please note the version upgrades for PyGTK and PyGObject this release, 2.17 and 2.18 respectively are now mandatory.