An exaile 3.4 release has been a long time coming. There are a TON of new features and fixes that are present in this release -- we'll provide a highlights summary for the official 3.4 release. However, you can see the launchpad page for a complete list of the bugs fixed in 3.4.
Despite being labeled a 'beta', this release should be stable for most users. The main reason for labeling it a 'beta' is that there are still a number of important fixes/features we'd like to get out there, but there's already so many features in that we want others to use.
Please try it out and report any bugs that you may find! We're hoping for a 3.4 final release by the end of the summer.
- Tracks were sometimes selected incorrectly when searching a playlist
- Sometimes the main window wouldn't appear when minimizing to the system tray
- More tags supported for MP4/M4A/FLAC/OGG files
- Locale bugs when executing --help
- Updated Windows installer dependency download versions
- Fixed plugins: librivox
- Accessibility related fixes
- Dynamic playlists are now working correctly
- WMA files are properly supported now
- Playlist import is now more robust
- Internal tags (those starting with __) were clobbered when being restored to playlists, so things like ratings and other such things would disappear mysteriously. This is no longer the case.
- Fixed plugins: ContextInfo, mini-mode, osd, last.fm